Books Read in 2018
- Tarjei Vesaas. The Birds.
- Jóanes Nielsen. The Brahmadells.
- Sjón. The Blue Fox.
- Eric Hayot. The Elements of Academic Style.
- William Shakespeare. Othello. (Second reading.)
- Robert Ferguson. Scandinavians: In Search of the Soul of the North.
- Walidah Imarisha. Angels with Dirty Faces: Three Stories of Crime, Prison, and Redemption.
- Jeffrey T. Schnapp + Adam Michaels. The Electric Information Age Book: McLuhan/Agel/Fiore and the Experimental Paperback.
- Marshall McLuhan + Quentin Fiore. The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects. (Second reading.)
- Maggie Nelson. The Argonauts.
- Frank Close. The Void.
- Bret Easton Ellis. American Psycho. (Stopped halfway through, as it didn't seem necessary to continue to "get the point" — a lesson I learned from Michael Haneke's film Funny Games.)
- László Krasznahorkai. Satantango.
- James Owen Weatherall. Void: The Strange Physics of Nothing.
- Chinua Achebe. Things Fall Apart. (Third [fourth?] reading.)
- Partha Chatterjee. The Nation and Its Fragments: Colonial and Postcolonial Histories.
- Timothy Morton. Humankind: Solidarity with Nonhuman People.